Everyone’s been guessing what will happen to Star Wars now that the movie/tv/broadway/themepark/cruise ship giant has purchased Lucasfilm. Thanks to an unnamed friend of a friend who works at a famous movie studio we have this ‘leaked’ this internal Disney memo. A list of ten “proposed concepts to exploit” Star Wars that they considered but are NOT going to do.
Looks like we dodged several bullets on this. Though I could almost be okay with #7
– Team Humerus
After Review of the proposed concepts to exploit the recently acquired Lucasfilm/Star Wars Franchise, the following concepts are no longer in consideration. Please notify involved department heads, licensing and consumer products to cease development on these concepts. A Greenlight list will be forthcoming.
10) “Jedi Academy” Jedi Master Skywalker leads a new group of would-be Jedi with Padawan Mahoney, Jones, Sweetchuck, Tackleberry and Hightower (EPISODE VII)
9) “It’s A Small Galaxy After All” – Reskin It’s a Small world with aliens from the Star wars universe, and of course record a new song “Space is full of Jedi and full of Sith…” (THEME PARK)
8) “My Ewok Life” – A teen Ewok deals with the pressures of coming of age on Endor. (DISNEY CHANNEL)
7) “Jar Jar Binks Must Die” – A young would-be bounty hunter named Boba Fett goes slowly mad in a universe filled with clones of his father. He seeks vengance for all his troubles and targets a Gungan Senator named “Binks”. (FEATURE)
6) Untitled Yoda stand-alone film. A buddy comedy with Yoda (Frank “Fozzie Bear” Oz) and Padawan Mace Windu (Chris Tucker) as young Jedi who ditch training for a weekend to party on gambling planet Giju – “Happens in Giju, stays in Giju it does. Wakka Wakka.” (FEATURE)
5) Grown up Miley Cyrus is a major pop star on Coruscant who has to room with her reptilian band mates. It’s called “Who’s the Bossk?” (DISNEY CHANNEL)
4) “That’s so Lando!” a very special series about growing up as the only black kid in a universe of rubber puppets and white folk. (DISNEY CHANNEL)
3) “It’s a TRAP!” ABC Daytime presents a brand new game show hosted by everyone’s favorite Mon Calamari, Gial Ackbar! (DISNEY XD)
2) Jedi Princesses Could be a huge merchandising phenomenon – the top three are, of course, Leia Organa Solo, Mara Jade and Asajj Ventress. All with pink lightsabers! (DCP)
1) Jedi Council Babies (DISNEY BABY)
Leave a comment